People travel for a variety of reasons - adventure, business, and mission trips to name a few. No matter the reason, travelers must take time to protect their health before leaving home. A simple visit with the Huggins Hospital Travel Clinic at Tamworth Family Medicine will avoid vaccine-preventable infectious diseases and other travel-related health problems. As travel medicine experts, we have extensive experience and the most up-to-date information available to keep travelers safe and healthy while abroad.
Travelers will benefit from the expertise of our specialty-trained clinician during a comprehensive pre-travel health consultation, including:
- Administration of needed immunizations
- Accurate and comprehensive evaluation of malaria risk
- Prescriptions to prevent malaria, traveler's diarrhea, altitude sickness, and other travel-related conditions
- Extensive education on all aspects of staying healthy abroad
- Comprehensive destination information including the latest medical outbreaks and security alerts
- Education regarding adventure travel risks and management.
Our services extend beyond the consultation
We offer a full range of health services for international travelers, to ensure that their health is protected both before the trip and after the return home, including:
- A list of contact phone numbers and addresses of available consulates, embassies, hospitals, and physicians
- An after-travel medical care instruction sheet with contact information for the clinic's medical director, who is an Infectious Disease Specialist
- A follow-up letter to the traveler's primary care physician detailing the education, immunizations, and medications provided.
Our extensive experience and expertise
The Huggins Hospital Travel Health Clinic at Tamworth Family Medicine is under the medical directorship of Dr. Brian Irwin. Dr. Irwin has experience in travel health and in providing care to individuals who may need medical attention after their return from travels abroad.
Convenience and availability of appointments
The Huggins Hospital Travel Health Clinic is conveniently located at Tamworth Family Medicine at 577 White Mountain Hwy., Tamworth. We understand that time is precious and we offer a wide availability of appointments during our normal business hours to make it easy and convenient for travelers. Medications can be filled at a pharmacy following the travel consultation.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with the Travel Health Clinic, please call Tamworth Family Medicine at 603.323.3311.