Our Visiting Guidelines were created so patients can visit with friends and family and also to provide times for rest and quiet during recuperation. These visiting guidelines include:
- At times we may limit the number of visitors depending on the patient’s condition or other operations that would make visitation difficult or dangerous (ex: during a pandemic or other infectious disease situation).
- Normal visiting hours are from 8 AM to 8 PM, however we encourage family members’ presence as necessary to best meet the patient’s needs.
- Quiet time is all the time. Please be as quiet as possible in the corridors and while visiting in the patient’s room.
- We ask that all visitors check at the nurse’s station prior to visiting a patient.
- Please do not leave children unattended anywhere in the hospital.
- Immediate family members and significant others are able to visit with physician approval 24 hours a day in ICU.
- Food and beverages may be brought to the hospital for patient consumption only if it has been arranged with your nurse and is allowed in the diet prescribed by the physician.
- No smoking or use of tobacco products in buildings, hospital grounds, and sidewalks surrounding the hospital campus.
When Friends and Family Call
Your stay at the hospital is confidential. The switchboard operator and other staff will direct calls and visitors to your room only if a person knows your name. Nursing staff will screen calls if the person is asking for more information about you and your condition.
You may prefer to have no information given out to callers or visitors. If you choose “no information status,” absolutely no information will be provided to anyone, not even your name or presence in the hospital. The “no information status” includes even your family members and friends, unless you choose to inform them yourself. The hospital is not able to screen all callers and visitors. Please be sure to indicate your preference in your registration process.
For the hospital, please park in the main parking lot to access the Main Lobby. There is an information desk in the Main Lobby to help direct you.
If you are going to the Medical Arts Center (location of the Wolfeboro physician practices), you should use Christian Ridge Road and enter at the back side of the hospital building (follow signs).
Huggins Hospital Café is located on the first floor of the main hospital and is open to those visiting patients. We are not open to the public at this time. The Café features hot entree items, cook-to-order grill selections, fresh soups and sandwiches. The Huggins Hospital Café also has a grab-to-go cooler, novelty ice cream products and other desserts, and hot and cold drinks available.
There are vending machines located in the Café that can be accessed after hours.
Huggins Hospital is a tobacco-free institution—inside and out. This policy applies to our main campus in Wolfeboro and our eight off-site locations.
The switchboard operator, receptionist or security can help you call for a taxi.
Visitors can make local and calling-card calls from the phones in waiting areas. Cell phones are permitted throughout the hospital with the exception of patient care areas, but we ask that you limit your calls as a courtesy to others.