Support from a top-notch team
If you’re struggling with a heart issue, help is available through the Cardiac Rehabilitation program at Huggins Hospital. We have a top-notch Cardiac Rehabilitation team that includes physicians, registered nurses and dietitians. This team provides an exercise program that includes personalized supervision, as well as monitoring of blood pressure and heart rate. The team also offers educational programs to help you understand and take charge of your cardiac health.
Cardiac Rehabilitation is designed for patients who have experienced the following conditions:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Heart Attack
- Heart Transplant
- Stable Angina
- Valvular Surgery
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation:
- Reduced resting systolic/diastolic pressures
- Increase the efficiency of the heart
- Increase serum high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and decreases serum triglycerides
- Reduced insulin needs, improved glucose tolerance
- Increase in strength and stamina
- Weight control
- Improvement in self-confidence and well being
Cardiac exercise sessions are held throughout the week with multiple days and times for options.
To learn more about Huggins Hospital's Cardiac Rehabilitation program, please call 603.569.7624. Please contact your health care provider to obtain a referral.