COVID-19 ("coronovirus") update
As a healthcare organization, Huggins Hospital has many plans in place that support preparedness and response to challenges like COVID-19. Huggins Hospital is currently working closely with other hospitals, the NH Department of Health and Human Services, the CDC and other agencies to monitor and prepare for any situation regarding COVID-19 (sometimes referred to “coronavirus”).
We are here for you when you need us. Please call ahead to your primary care provider or our Emergency Department if you develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or difficulty breathing, and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or if you live in or have recently traveled to an area with ongoing spread. Tell your healthcare professional about your recent travel or contact. Your healthcare professional will work with our state’s public health department and the CDC to determine if you need to be tested.
Here is how you can prepare and prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other common respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands frequently and/or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Stay home and avoid public places when you are sick and avoid being within 6 feet of a person who is sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- Avoid sharing drinks and other items that may transmit saliva.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
For more information on COVID-19, you can find information directly from the CDC below:
General info: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html.
Instructions for returning travelers to self-observe for symptoms of COVID-19: https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/cdcs/documents/2019-coronavirus-self-observation-guidelines.pdf
Guidance to schools: https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/cdcs/documents/2019-coronavirus-schools-02292020.pdf